Monday 11 January 2010

Start a Brand New Story

So its the tricky second blog post; I had planned on sitting and thinking it through some more and having some pictures to post, however knowing me I'll just put it off forever.

I have spent the last year swinging in between becoming a baking fiend and giving up altogether. I love baking to make other people smile, for special occasions and to feel like i'm actually good at something. And yet my icing and the actual presentation are usually disastrous, the recipes not my own, and the cakes not outstanding in flavour or originality. Just when I'm verge of giving up all baking hope, I get the kitchen side clean again and feel the need to make it a mess, realising I owe someone else a cake.

Spring gets me all excited and rejuvenates my crafty energy with thoughts of cute little valentines cakes and easter goodies! And here I go again with flour and icing sugar all over the kitchen. First on the agenda for the year are two friend's birthdays at the end of the month; one with the grand ambition of a giant fondant fancy as he loves them so much. Should be a fun and simple project which I look forward to sharing with you all.
2010 looks to be a fun and promising year :)

1 comment:

  1. I think you should make a gallery, your cakes are stunning, Woman!

    I look forward to every inch of baking you bring us in this new decade xxxx

    ReplyDelete