Friday 7 January 2011

Copy Kat

Well it seems I have no initiative of my own and am a bit of a copy cat. Where my housemate leads I follow, she has written a new blog post and I realised I hadn’t written one in forever and might now have something to write about!
And so here I am (starting a sentence with and: tut tut) 6 months later with a new blog post.

My new year’s resolution has been to make one new recipe a week and its going alright so far… but it has only been one week!
I have attempted Nigella’s fajita recipe which was so simple and delicious, I will definitely be making that again. I need to try and make the salsa which goes along with it next time.
Last night I tried a web based recipe from www.bbc.co.uk/food, it was one of the Hairy Bikers’ dishes. It may sound silly but I have never made my own ragu for spaghetti Bolognese so I thought it was about time I did! It came out well, though next time I’ll add some carrots as my housemate suggests.
The next one on my list is a sweet recipe: Nigella’s sweet and salty rocky road type thing.

Let’s hope I can keep this going on a budget and that they all go as well as they have this week!

Happy New Year everyone x

1 comment:

  1. All your new recipes have been delicious!!! Long may it continue (although it may result it me getting really fat)!!

    The Housemate.

    ReplyDelete