Tuesday 25 January 2011

A quiet desperation building higher

Good afternoon one and all.

The baking seems to getting worse!
I made some of Nigella's everyday brownies which were far too gooey, not sure if this was my own doing through a difference in sugar or just a weird issue. There was also some awful icing this weekend when attempting to create Being Human inspired cupcakes. The bloody buttercream centres worked great but the wolf chocolate icing topping didn't work due to my bad icing and lack of edible facial features!


In other news: I'm currently reading Stephen King's 'Under the Dome' for our book group. It's my first Stephen King read and it's incredibly good. From others who've read more King apparently its a little like many of his other books all thrown into one, but as a newcomer it is extremely compelling and interesting. Only 200 pages to go (its 880 long). As much as I'm enjoying it I am keen to get on and read other things. Still keen to compete with Little Miss Bookseller who is the world's fastest reader! It's not like I even take it all in; I will have forgotten everything about this book within a month most probably. My memory is dreadful these days, maybe I need more Omega3?

One thing currently distracting me from reading is a boxset of 'My So Called Life'. This 90s American tv series passed me by and has been very kindly lent to me. It stars Claire Danes and a very young and beautiful Jared Leto. It makes me feel like a teenage girl again (not that I have changed much and am still a 14 year old at heart). It is a very moving drama revolving around the character of Angela and her struggle through high school, her home life and her love life. A precursor to Dawson's Creek, Roswell, Buffy and I suppose the OC; although My So Called Life only survived one series.

February is to be another month where I'm strapped for cash so there will be lots of time spent at home reading, though perhaps not being able to afford any extravagant baking or cooking. I'll see what I can do with what I have in order to keep that new years resolution ticking over!

Toodles.

1 comment:

  1. I thought Under the Dome was very good (and I've read most Stephen King books!). Also great for weigh-lifting.

    ReplyDelete