Sunday 8 May 2011

Mini Waffle - wafflette? wafflini?...

Good Afternoon,

Quick blog.

It's a bad day for my baking, the chocolate chips sank to the bottom of my muffins! They taste ok I suppose. Need to find some inspiration for what to bake for Eurovision and Lucy's birthday. Maybe the 30 or so cookbook/baking books I own should help! I am still way to lazy, opting for easy (and cheap) recipes. I need to get more adventurous, but I'd like my dishwasher to be repaired first. Adventure equals lots of baking implements and bowls!!
Finally tried to cook something new this week, potato rosti. I was disappointed but I'm not sure if it was my cooking or maybe potato rostis don't taste exciting anyway. After my holiday I need to try cooking some new things. (Again it's not like I don't have enough recipes with books and the net).

I'm about to start reading my sixteenth book of the year. Granted most of them have been True Blood or teen novels but a couple have been more literary. The book club choice this month was One Day by David Nicholls, I enjoyed it thoroughly, as shown by the 6 days it took me to read it. Quite a record for me as I'm a slowish reader.
In a week I head off for a beach holiday in Turkey, in theory this should lead to lots of reading :)

And that is my waffle over I think.... Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment