Wednesday 3 August 2011

The Salt Cave and the Nectarine

Good Afternoon One and All

Whilst crunching on some particularly disappointing spring onions I thought I'd update my blog.

I recently made some beautiful lemon cupcakes that I was very pleased with, they seemed to go down well with the boyfriend's family so they were a winner all round. Haven't made much else recently in way of cakes or dinner mostly due to being broke and too busy!
I have some plans on the horizon though, one of which came to me whilst I was bored lying in a salt cave in a spa. Turns out it's not utterly original but seemed novel to me: an upside down nectarine cake. I do make a mean pineapple upside down cake, but thought I'd change it up a little with some nectarines as they are in season and I imagine they'd work well in syrupy goodness with sponge. I'm hoping to make it tomorrow, wish me luck!
I also have a couple of baby showers coming up this month I plan to make cupcakes for if I have time. I'm a little daunted at the prospect as my imagination is much more creative than my hands, plus one of my mother-to-be friends has a very successful baker friend who is also attending. Got to be worth a try though.

Reading wise I have also slowed down, and it's not like I was even reading something tricky as it was only a lovey-dovey Nicholas Sparks novel. My social life has picked up leaving me little time for reading or tv watching. Currently realising I need to try and find a balance.

Right, I better go trawl the etsy world for fabric for a project I'm hoping Cloudberryskies will assist me with.

Enjoy the sunshine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment